Sunday 11 July 2010

Islay and Jura (late June till early July 2010)

Islay as usual did not let me down. As a special treat, Becky lent me her camera with it's lovely big lens while I was over so I could take lots of pictures of the wildlife. Here are some of my photos from Islay from that week. Click on them to be taken to the flickr page which will give more of a description.




Jura for me was another stunning island. It seemed like everywhere we looked we bumped into nature. At every turn there were dragonflies and damselflies, beetles, butterflies and birds. Not to mention the Red Deer and the Cows! Here is just a small number of photos from Wednesday 30th June when we went over to Jura.




Okay. So not a very small selection..but I hope you saw something nice. I know I enjoyed taking them.


Next Time...
Last week Lorna and I visited the Scottish Seabird Centre at North Berwick and went to Bass Rock on the boat. We also saw a famous face in the world of Naturalists. Can you guess who it was? Find out next time when I will also share some pictures which I took of my favourite bird - the Gannet.

Mark Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment